- 1 What should I bring to Coast Guard boot camp?
- 2 What are you allowed to bring to basic training?
- 3 What can you bring to basic training 2021?
- 4 Do you bring clothes to Coast Guard boot camp?
- 5 How difficult is Coast Guard boot camp?
- 6 Can you fail Coast Guard boot camp?
- 7 Do you shower together in basic training?
- 8 How much money do you make while in basic training?
- 9 Can I bring my phone to basic training?
- 10 Do you get weekends off in basic training?
- 11 Is Army boot camp hard?
- 12 Can you bring ibuprofen to basic training?
- 13 Is it hard to get in Coast Guard?
- 14 What are the requirements for Coast Guard?
- 15 How much money do you make in the Coast Guard?
What should I bring to Coast Guard boot camp?
Some of the items men and women may bring include:
- 6-10 pairs of underwear.
- A conservative-style watch.
- 3 white V-neck shirts.
- Toothbrush/toothpaste and Invisalign®
- Non-electric razor.
- A Bible, address book, stationery and stamps.
- A cell phone and charger, but you will only be able to use this on the Sundays of weeks 6 and 7.
What are you allowed to bring to basic training?
According to the Air Force recruiter, the only things you “HAVE TO HAVE” to go to basic training are a picture ID (driver’s license if your Air Force job requires one), Social Security card or printout from the Social Security office, direct-deposit form and the clothes on your back.
What can you bring to basic training 2021?
Bring with you your:
- Social Security card.
- A valid driver’s license or current state ID card.
- A direct deposit form for your checking account.
- Immunization records.
- High school diploma or GED and original college transcripts.
- Proof of citizenship if you weren’t born in the United States.
Do you bring clothes to Coast Guard boot camp?
The Coast Guard provides almost everything you need at Basic Training. There are a few personal items that you are permitted to bring. Arrive in comfortable weather-appropriate clothes and sneaker-type shoes. The bag will be used to store the clothes you arrive in until after graduation.
How difficult is Coast Guard boot camp?
Coast Guard boot camp is mentally and physically demanding. It is not uncommon for a recruit to be reverted during their time at training. Recruits that successfully complete RAMP will then go back to the week that they were in before being sent to RAMP and continue on with the remainder of training.
Can you fail Coast Guard boot camp?
If you fail midterms, the Coast Guard allows you with one re-test. Those that fail the retest must get “rephased” to try boot camp once again from the beginning of the process. The conclusion of the fourth week includes a celebration where the company earns its colors.
Do you shower together in basic training?
In basic training, you take group showers. There’s no way out of communal showers. They’re required. Your instructor will give you a time limit for your shower and tell you when you may take your shower during the day or night.
How much money do you make while in basic training?
According to Military-Ranks.org, the average total income for an Airman Basic, including the usual additional pay benefits, is $38,636. Unfortunately, you must continue paying your regular bills while in basic training. Bills such as internet, rent, car payments and cell phone are not deferred.
Can I bring my phone to basic training?
Historically, standard Army basic training rules allowed for well-performing platoons to be rewarded with phone calls home on Sundays. Recruits in many Army basic training platoons are now allowed to use personal cell phones to call friends and families, send text messages, and update their social media status.
Do you get weekends off in basic training?
No it is not true. During BCT you do get a “break” on Sunday just long enough to go to church and do laundry. However, you cannot take a weekend pass during BCT. Depending on your DS in AIT and what phase you’re in, you may be able to go off-post during AIT.
Is Army boot camp hard?
While Army basic training is hard, it is always something you will look back on with pride and remember the fun you had, even when it wasn’t very fun at the time.
Can you bring ibuprofen to basic training?
OTC medicine: no., MSN, BSN, RN, EMT-P, ARRT Certified Radiology Technologist. Generally speaking, if you’re are on a chronic medication that does not preclude you from being eligible to enlist in the military. It is usually inappropriate to bring anything with you to basic training.
Is it hard to get in Coast Guard?
Coast Guard Requirements The Coast Guard is one of the more difficult branches to join because it accepts far fewer new recruits than the other branches of the military, and qualifying requirements are strict. You will have to undergo a credit check and pass a security clearance check.
What are the requirements for Coast Guard?
What are the qualifications to join the Coast Guard?
- You must be a U.S. citizen or a Resident Alien.
- Be between the ages of 17-31 (up to age 32 if qualified for attending guaranteed ‘A’ school) for Active Duty.
- Reservists must be between 17-40.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Have no more than three dependents.
How much money do you make in the Coast Guard?
All active-duty enlisted members entering the Coast Guard start out making approximately $20,000 annually. This is just basic pay. Members may also be entitled to other allowances depending on their status.