- 1 How hard is it to enlist in the Coast Guard?
- 2 Is there a waiting list to join the Coast Guard?
- 3 How long does it take to start basic training Coast Guard?
- 4 Is the Coast Guard recruiting right now?
- 5 What disqualifies you from joining the Coast Guard?
- 6 Is Coast Guard boot camp the hardest?
- 7 What are the best jobs in the Coast Guard?
- 8 What is the Coast Guard age limit?
- 9 Can you have tattoos in the Coast Guard?
- 10 What happens if you fail Coast Guard boot camp?
- 11 What are the physical requirements for Coast Guard?
- 12 How much do you get paid in the Coast Guard?
- 13 Does Coast Guard get signing bonus?
- 14 Is the Coast Guard worth it?
- 15 What is the easiest military branch?
How hard is it to enlist in the Coast Guard?
The Coast Guard is the most difficult service to join. There are few openings, and it’s very competitive. Average ASVAB scores for enlisted personnel are the highest of all military branches, and the Coast Guard Academy is the only service academy that doesn’t accept applicants through political nominations.
Is there a waiting list to join the Coast Guard?
All of the schools have a waiting list. They range from a few months to more than two years. You must have a minimum of 30 months remaining on your enlistment before you can enter any Class A school.
How long does it take to start basic training Coast Guard?
How Long Is Coast Guard Boot Camp? Coast Guard boot camp is approximately eight weeks long. Each week recruits are mentally and physically challenged to see if they have what it takes to join the United States Coast Guard.
Is the Coast Guard recruiting right now?
The Coast Guard is now offering a two-year active duty enlistment option for fiscal year 2021. Previously, the standard enlistment contract was four years in active duty and four years in the ready reserve.
What disqualifies you from joining the Coast Guard?
You will undergo a credit check. You with have to pass security clearance check. You will have to pass a criminal record review. ( 2nd and 3rd degree misdemeanors and or felony convictions disqualify you from joining the US Coast Guard)
Is Coast Guard boot camp the hardest?
While it may not be as physically demanding as the Marines, it is difficult enough that it has the highest failure to complete rate of any of the services at roughly 20% When you consider that the USCG has the highest minimum standards for enlisting, perhaps USCG boot camp is in fact the most difficult.
What are the best jobs in the Coast Guard?
5 Best Coast Guard Jobs For 2021
- Avionics Electrical Technician.
- Boatswain’s Mate.
- Information Systems Technician.
- Rescue Swimmer.
- Direct Commission Aviator (Helicopter Pilot) Conclusion.
What is the Coast Guard age limit?
Age Limits for Enlisting You must be at least 17 to enlist in any branch of the active military. The oldest you can be to enlist for active duty in each branch is: Coast Guard: 31. Marines: 28.
Can you have tattoos in the Coast Guard?
Tattoos are permitted in the Coast Guard on most parts of the body. There are no restrictions on the amount, size, or percentage of coverage of tattoos apart from the head, face, neck, and hands.
What happens if you fail Coast Guard boot camp?
If you fail midterms, the Coast Guard allows you with one re-test. Those that fail the retest must get “rephased” to try boot camp once again from the beginning of the process.
What are the physical requirements for Coast Guard?
To meet minimum qualifications for graduation, you must be able to perform the following:
- PUSH-UPS: (in 1 minute) male: 29 female: 15.
- SIT-UPS: (in 1 minute) male: 38 female: 32.
- 1.5 MILE RUN: (minutes) male:12:51 female: 15:26.
- COMPLETE SWIM CIRCUIT: Jump off a 1.5 meter platform into the pool, swim 100 meters unassisted.
How much do you get paid in the Coast Guard?
Like the other military branches, the United States government sets the pay scale for the Coast Guard. Basic pay starts at $1,554 per month or $18,648 a year for E-1 and $3,188 per month or $38,256 a year for O-1. Coast Guard basic training pay starts as soon as the recruit begins boot camp.
Does Coast Guard get signing bonus?
The Coast Guard has taken a new approach to attract new recruits. It has become the last branch of the military to offer signing bonuses. “Because of the shortage we’ve had, that’s why we’re giving up some of those bonuses as an incentive, as a way to incentivize people to come in and join,” said Sekitoleko.
Is the Coast Guard worth it?
The benefits of joining the Coast Guard are definitely worth considering, even if the overall pay structure is somewhat low compared to the other branches of the military. All members are entitled to receive free medical and dental care as part of their service.
What is the easiest military branch?
Although most entrants into the Army have a high school diploma, the Army accepts more recruits with a GED than any other service branch. The answer is not cut and dry. Easiest answer is the Coast Guard with 40 required, however most enlistees in the Air Force score 70 or above, although it is not required.