- 1 Is it hard to get into the Coast Guard?
- 2 How much do you make in the Coast Guard?
- 3 What can disqualify you from joining the Coast Guard?
- 4 Can anyone enlist in the Coast Guard?
- 5 Do Coast Guard carry guns?
- 6 What is the Coast Guard age limit?
- 7 What is the highest paying job in the Coast Guard?
- 8 Is Coast Guard boot camp the hardest?
- 9 How long is Coast Guard training?
- 10 Can you quit the Coast Guard?
- 11 Is Coast Guard a good career?
- 12 What are the best jobs in the Coast Guard?
- 13 Which military branch is easiest to join?
- 14 What are the benefits of joining the Coast Guard?
Is it hard to get into the Coast Guard?
Coast Guard Requirements The Coast Guard is one of the more difficult branches to join because it accepts far fewer new recruits than the other branches of the military, and qualifying requirements are strict. You will have to undergo a credit check and pass a security clearance check.
How much do you make in the Coast Guard?
Like the other military branches, the United States government sets the pay scale for the Coast Guard. Basic pay starts at $1,554 per month or $18,648 a year for E-1 and $3,188 per month or $38,256 a year for O-1. Coast Guard basic training pay starts as soon as the recruit begins boot camp.
What can disqualify you from joining the Coast Guard?
Psychiatric and Personality Disorders
- Any disorder or history of disorders with psychotic features.
- History of impulse control and conduct disorders.
- History of depression requiring medication, outpatient treatment or hospitalization.
- History of anxiety requiring medication, outpatient treatment or hospitalization.
Can anyone enlist in the Coast Guard?
You must: Be a U.S. citizen or nationalized to be a Coast Guard officer. To enlist, you must be a U.S. citizen or a resident alien. Be between the ages of 17-27.
Do Coast Guard carry guns?
The Coast Guard employs various small arms including handguns, shotguns, rifles, and machine guns.
What is the Coast Guard age limit?
Age Limits for Enlisting You must be at least 17 to enlist in any branch of the active military. The oldest you can be to enlist for active duty in each branch is: Coast Guard: 31. Marines: 28.
What is the highest paying job in the Coast Guard?
What is the highest paying job at United States Coast Guard? Senior Strategic Consultant is the highest paying job at United States Coast Guard at $160,000 annually.
Is Coast Guard boot camp the hardest?
While it may not be as physically demanding as the Marines, it is difficult enough that it has the highest failure to complete rate of any of the services at roughly 20% When you consider that the USCG has the highest minimum standards for enlisting, perhaps USCG boot camp is in fact the most difficult.
How long is Coast Guard training?
How Long Is Coast Guard Boot Camp? Coast Guard boot camp is approximately eight weeks long. Each week recruits are mentally and physically challenged to see if they have what it takes to join the United States Coast Guard.
Can you quit the Coast Guard?
By law, as a member of the Coast Guard Reserve, you must, upon request, be granted a leave of absence to satisfy a requirement for military training.
Is Coast Guard a good career?
Pro: Lots of Career Choices By serving in the Coast Guard, you will get lots of opportunities and experience such as jobs in criminal justice and criminology. As a law enforcement entity, you have an opportunity to get valuable training and experience that can help you pursue other law enforcement careers.
What are the best jobs in the Coast Guard?
5 Best Coast Guard Jobs For 2021
- Avionics Electrical Technician.
- Boatswain’s Mate.
- Information Systems Technician.
- Rescue Swimmer.
- Direct Commission Aviator (Helicopter Pilot) Conclusion.
Which military branch is easiest to join?
, Active National Guard, prior Navy JROTC. If you are referring to the “easiest” being the branch with the least restrictive requirements to meet their idea of a new recruit, I’d say the U.S. Army is the least particular.
What are the benefits of joining the Coast Guard?
As an active-duty member in the Coast Guard, you’ll be privy to a benefits package that is largely unheard of for most people just starting out. College tuition assistance, housing and meal allowance, free health, dental and eye care, and 30 days paid vacation are just the beginning of the benefits offered.